Houston’s Back to Football
Houston always welcomes September with open arms. The first month of autumn brings cooler temps and football, two things that are greatly missed during the summer. This year, the start of football season is more exciting than ever since it almost didn’t happen due to a potentially devastating lockout. But now we’re “back to football.”
Houston presents ample football watching opportunities. The Houston Texans have slowly but surely risen to the top of the NFL heap and this season brings a ton of buzz around this team. Fans have high hopes for the Texans to win their division, and beyond, so let’s go out and support our team!
We can’t forget the kids, now. Houston also has two exciting college football programs for football fans who prefer the passion of collegiate athletics. The Rice Owls and the University of Houston Cougars are traditions in Houston sports. The schedules are set and so don’t wait to get your tickets.
Texas college football has certainly been making headlines lately. Texas A & M has followed through on their threat to leave the Big 12 Conference and applied to be part of the Southeastern Conference (SEC). The Big 12 is home to other prominent college programs in Texas, such as the University of Texas Longhorns and the Baylor Bears. If the Aggies do leave the Big 12, the Texas football scene will definitely change. But will it be for the better or the worse?
Leave a Comment
- Most anticipated restaurant openings for fall 2016!
- Tour two new inner-Loop apartments designed to woo Millennials!
- Thousands gather to kick off Houston’s new theater season!
- Finding India in a Sweet Corner of Houston!
- Titan Homes to expand to new Houston neighborhoods!
- HOUSTON’S MEDIAN HOME PRICE HITS A RECORD HIGH IN JUNE!
- Houston Housing Market Stats
- Millennials look to buy homes in suburbs with city perks.
- Shake Shack confirms second Houston location.
- Homeowner Tax Benefits